Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Rocky Roads


I was soaring this past week.  Really feeling like things were on the up and up.  I got some work nannying, which not only kept my mind focused, but kept me moving, and helped provide me with some much needed income.  I was encouraged by my conversations and time together with friends and family.  And (above all) I was feeling like a success, having raised over 85% of my support needed to go overseas and do what I have always wanted to do.

Then, today, I hit the bump in the road.  I hit what felt like a sudanese-sized bump in the road, the kind that stops a large jeep in its tracks.  One of the administrators at WHM revealed to me that, out of an awful misunderstanding of my own doing, I have been miscalculating my support numbers.  That 85% that I was so proud about was no more.  Actually, my figures are nowhere near it.

After getting over my initial anger at my own idiocy, and moving past my fear of people's perceptions of me (the slow-going, support-failing ginger), I forced myself to get over myself.    

God is good.  He provides for me and is blessing with an opportunity to live out my passions.  The only part that is about me is where I step past this bump and keep moving.

2 Corinth. 12:7
To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh...

2 comments:

  1. looking for the team's mailing address on the Masso's blog I came across yours. So sorry for this set back :( How discouraging. Glad though that God is reminding you of who He is and who you are in Him. Blessings to you as you cross this bump in the road!

    ReplyDelete